fam

fam

Monday, October 21, 2013



We ran away last week, Gabby and I, and we dragged a few of our favorite people with us, they didn't have much of a choice, we forced them, I promise!  Fortunately, they didn't seem to mind to much!!  Gabby decided that since she will be 18 soon, and legal to do aaaallll kinds of things without my permission (a fact she reminds me of often.) that we needed to run away one last time before adulthood struck.  So we loaded up the car with 4 girls, 1 mom, and all of our stuff, amazing how much we need for a two day trip!   

I am embarrassed to say that despite a rather uneventful drive, we didn't even have to deal with rush hour traffic until right before our exit. And only then because there had been an accident that they were clearing, the damage did not look bad, so hopefully all involved were ok.  Despite that, poor Jessie was startled awake by my sailor mouth when not one, not two, but three cars all decided that they wanted into the lane that I was merging into, and did they use a single turn signal between the three of them?  No, nary a one, stupid drivers, anyways, sorry Jessie, that was very unladylike of me, although, I don't think I have ever claimed to be a lady, sooooo.  Anyway, not the point.    So our first stop was to see the show 'Fame', it was well done, but, the best part was that one of my favorites starred in it, so much fun to surprise Natale after with a hug and flowers!  


After the show we found our local diner for some pie, breakfast, and hot chocolate.  We found new nicknames for each other, and laughed so hard we were crying...... then it was off to find our beds, the girls struggled with this for some reason.........
Poor Callie is being smothered by Gabby........
Eventually they did get settled, at 2, am, but hey who was keeping track of the time?  Not us, we were on vacation.  When we finally started moving Friday morning, yes it was still morning, barely, but morning nonetheless. We did a little shopping at one of the birthday girls favorite spots, fortunately for her fathers wallet, she likes a bargain. She loves to scour the racks at Ross, and then we hit DSW.  Julie even got me to try on a hat, and pose for a photo, journal moments there people, just sayin!


And then the fun really started Lagoon, here comes trouble, to go, in a four pack!! Who knew?!?
So we set off to ride the rides, we started with a warm up ride, have to build up to the excitement you know.....






We worked our way up to the scarier rides......
Waiting for Wicked
Even though there is no photographic proof, I not only went on the roller coasters, which I love, but the girls even got me on Re-entry.  For those who don't know, this ride takes you up to heights that we were not meant to dangle at, slowly, and then when you least expect it, they drop you!  While I was sure that I would pass our from freight, during the climb, and the short wait, once they dropped us and the adrenaline rush kicked in, I was in heaven.  Hello, my name is Lisa, and I am an adrenaline junky, knowing I have a problem is the first step, right?  Anyway, I look forward to the drop, not the climb again. In between the rides we saw the sights and met some new friends.......









Julie and I even found dates, and look one of them brought dinner.......




However, we left the girls to fend for themselves........





 We may have waited a little too long for Jessie, she didn't leave much for the other girls.....
You know that it has been a productive, event filled day when you can go from this.........
 To this........


No comments: